As well as being fun, singing is good for your physical and mental health too! Music connects with us emotionally, helping us to express how we feel.
The physical aspect of singing helps us to get in touch with our bodies and makes us feel energised and alive. Not to mention happy – all those lovely endorphins bouncing around and not a treadmill in sight!
Singing and Wellbeing
- Improving your breathing to support your singing voice will help you to relax and feel more in control. Sign up for our Voice Box to access our free resources including breathing exercise tracks for you to practise along with.
- Taking some ‘me-time’ out of your busy life to recharge your batteries will enable you to feel refreshed and ready for whatever the world throws at you. It also does wonders for your confidence.
- Singing has been proven to increase mental agility and aid memory, increasingly important in our ageing population. Our Resources page has more information about studies that have been carried out into the beneficial effects of singing.
- Singing with others is a delightful way to make friends and increase your connection with those around you.
Come and join us at our Singing Sessions and see what you can achieve as you develop more confidence in your singing voice and increase your enjoyment of music. You’ll be amazed where it can take you!
- Posture is important for health in general and singing in particular. Give your lungs a fighting chance by giving them space.
- Your throat needs room too, so don’t restrict it by hunching your shoulders or straining your neck.
- Imagine a string through the centre of your body emerging from the top of your head.
- Gently pull upwards without tensing, keeping your throat relaxed, shoulders rolled back and down and breathe naturally.
Sign up for our Newsletter to receive updates, tips and information about singing and to get access to special offers.
Connect with us
Sign-up for our Newsletter
Get access to offers and receive updates, including singing tips and much more!
Get Started With Our Online "Beginning To Sing" Course
If you are not ready, or able, to join one of our classes we also have our Beginning To Sing course available for you to buy. This course is an introductory self-learning module to get you started, that you can do in your own time, at your own pace.
Free singing resources for you!
Sign-up at our Ladies Room to access our Voice Box full of free resources to help you start working on your singing voice. There are singing and breathing exercises for you to practise and useful tips to inspire you! Our free Singing Workbook for April is now available for you to download.
We run Singing Workshops every couple of months. Details of our next Workshop will appear on our Upcoming Workshops page.