Vocal Range and Registers Workshop
"River Deep, Mountain High"
When: Wednesday 6th February 2019, 7.00 - 9.00pm
Where: The Unitarian Church, Berkeley Street, Glasgow G3 7DS.
Are you limiting the kinds of songs you sing because they
seem too high or too low? Do you worry about producing squeaks and growls? Do
you find some notes in the middle of your voice weaker than others? Then this
is the workshop for you.
In this workshop we will be focussing on the whole range of the voice, from low to high, and on the different areas (called registers) that cover this.
We want you to feel confident in your voice throughout your vocal range. This workshop will help you to work on developing all of your voice, so you can get more enjoyment from singing, whether you are singing on stage, in an informal setting or to the cat!
This Workshop is designed to help you whether:
• You've never really sung before
• You've sung a bit but would like to feel more confident in your voice
• You've sung before and would like to get your voice moving again
The Workshop will look at:
• The transition areas of your voice between different registers
• Strengthening your existing range
• Using all the parts of your voice
• How to work on expanding your range
We will be working on songs during the Workshop, using them to put the techniques you have been learning, into practice.
We look forward to singing with you!